Taiwanese consumer electronics company HTC on Tuesday launched U11 smartphone here that combines new squeeze interaction with liquid surface design, intelligent personal audio, high-quality cameras and multiple Artificial Intelligence (AI) assistants. The device will be available worldwide this month, the company said, though it did not specify which date and at what price.
1. HTC U11 offers 4GB RAM/64GB storage and 6GB RAM/128GB storage (which will be available in India) variants.
2. HTC U11 runs on Android 7.0 Nougat and includes Google Assistant. It is the first device to feature hands-free access to Amazon Alexa.
3. The device is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor and Snapdragon X16 LTE modem that delivers fibre optic speeds on the go, the company said in a statement.
4. With the new "U touch", a user can interact with the device with a simple squeeze.
5. The "HTC Edge Sense" lets a user take photos, open Facebook or launch any app.
6. By using "HTC Edge Sense for Voice-to-Text", the user can lightly squeeze, speak a message and send texts on the go.
7. One can even customise the squeeze gesture to open email or launch a game.
8. You can also activate advanced touch and use a "short squeeze" as well as a "squeeze and hold" for more functionality.
9. HTC U11's has a liquid glass surface and a 3D glass on both front and back and has a 5.5" Quad HD 3D glass screen.
10. HTC U11 also has the latest version of HTC "Usonic" that combines active noise cancellation with the ability to tune audio for unique hearing.
11. By leveraging built-in microphones on the headset and USB-C data connectivity, "USonic" earbuds map the inner ear with sonar-like technology and then adapt the sound profile for optimised listening experience.
12. HTC U11 BATTERY - Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, Stand-by: Up to 336 h (3G), Talk time: Up to 24 h 30 min (3G)