Micromax's sub brand YU Televentures on Thursday launched an affordable smartphone Yureka Black at Rs 8,999 that comes equipped with a fingerprint scanner. Consumers can buy Yureka Black on Flipkart.com starting from June 5 midnight. At that price point, will be taking on some popular smartphones in the same segment including Xiaomi Redmi 4 and Coolpad Note 3 Lite.
1. On the hardware front, the smartphone comes with 1.4GHz Qualcomm octa-core processor.
2. The device comes with 4GB of RAM, 32GB ROM and houses 3,000 mAh battery.
3. The device comes with 5-inch full-HD display, sports 13MP rear camera and 8MP front camera.
4. Running Android 6.0 Marshmallow, the handset features the company's skin on top.
5. The smartphone features a fingerprint scanner embedded on the home button.
"With Yureka Black, we are bringing together the elements of unmatched design, style and performance in one device," said Shubhodip Pal, Chief Marketing and Chief Commercial Officer, Micromax Informatics, in a statement.