Get rid of summer sunburn: Here's some expert tips
New Delhi : Do you have to walk out of your home in the scorching summer days? Are you worried of sun exposure following sunburn? If so, then we are here to suggest you some precautions which can avoid your skin from tanning. Puneet Madan, MD (Dermatology) at Doctor Insta, and beauty expert Aakriti Kochar share helpful tips and remedies you can follow:
1) During day time, never step out of your home without applying sunscreen.
2) Apply sunscreen at least 15 minutes before going out. Re-apply the lotion every two to three hours.
3) Consider using a sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 15 and above.
4) Don’t be careless in cloudy days. Though the day is a bit rainy, the sun rays can even penetrate through the clouds and can give you suntan. Therefore, remember to rub your skin with sunscreen.
5) Use SPF lotion in lips, ears, scalp and feet which are usually ignored. Now-a-days, many lip balms come with SPF.
6) Consider covering your feet with shoes or socks and head and ears should be covered with a scarf.
7) When on beach, be sure to use a sun block while you walk on the shoreline or while you’re in the water as the body tends to feel more burn in scorching heat when you are in water.
8) Be sure to develop and maintain an after-sun routine like applying cooling lotion or coconut oil on sun burnt areas to avoid sunburn and relieve affected skin.
9) You can apply aloe vera on sun burnt areas to heal sunburn areas, removes tan and helps reduce in stretch marks.
10) Revamp your diet chart with Vitamin D rich foods like fermented cod liver oil to help supplement vitamin D balance in your body and build a stronger immune system against sun burns.