CBSE NEET Exam 2017 Results won't be announced by June 8; Know all about CBSE NEET Results controversy
New Delhi : Results of National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) is unlikely to be declared on June 8, CBSE officials said. Results of National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) was scheduled to be published on June 8. The Madras High Court had stayed all proceedings with regard to the exam that was held on May 7. Petitions were filed seeking cancellation of NEET-2017.
The judge asked the Union health and family welfare secretary, director-general health services, New Delhi, Medical Council of India (MCI), Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and Tamil Nadu health and family welfare secretary to file replies by June 7.
According to TOI Report "Till date none of the agencies have sought for an early hearing. "It's unlikely for the results to be announced on June 8," a senior official told TOI. However, CBSE is yet to clarify a revised date for it."
CBSE NEET Exam was held on May 7 amidst controversies including question papers in various languages, including Hindi, English and Tamil, were not same and not of same difficulty level.
More than 11.35 lakh students wrote the test across the country on May 7. In Tamil Nadu, 88,000 candidates had registered for NEET while 84,000 plus students appeared for the test.
In April 2016, the Supreme court made NEET mandatory for all medical and dental admissions. On May 7, CBSE conducted the examination across the country on behalf of the medical and dental councils of India.
What is CBSE NEET Results 2017 Controversy:
1. Madras High Court restrains CBSE to declare NEET 2017 results till June 7,2017
2. Evaluation of mark sheets and result on hold till the chaos and controversies end
3. A filed petition reveals many NGOs asking for re-test for fair judgement of NEET 2017
4. Even if re-test is not held, result declaration is delayed already by manifold
5. Consequent delays in admission dates as results are delayed making aspirants change the career options
6. Many frustrated aspirants have planned to go abroad to pursue their medical education
7. Students question the authorities and ask “Why should they appear for re-test for the lack in authority’s functioning?”
8. Uniformity in the examination not prevalent as questions in regional exams are different from those in English
9. Apart from all that, the controversy in the dress code for the NEET 2017 still give goosebumps to candidates
10. Academic session already delayed by a month aims to start by August 1, 2017.
11. Supreme Court scraps the plea to conduct a re-test of NEET 2017 even after petitions filed
12. The NEET 2017 examination even had a “paper leak” fact on the day of examination in Patna, Bihar
13. The question papers were distributed to students in exchange of money in Patna and Jaipur and hence there’s uncertainty over Neet 2017 result date.
About National Eligibility Cum Entrance Exam:
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Exam NEET (UG)-2017 is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament e.g. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.