Lata Mangeshkar passes away: A look at her prestigious awards and achievements
New Delhi : The nightingale of India, Lata Mangeshkar, passed away on Sunday. She was 92 years old.
On January 8, 2022, Lata Mangeshkar Ji had tested positive for coronavirus with mild symptoms, she was admitted to Breach Candy Hospital's ICU in Mumbai. With marginal improvement in health, she was taken out from the ventilator on January 28, however, she was again put on ventilator on February 5. Her health continued to deteriorate and she took her last breath on 6 February 2022, at IST 8:12 A.M.
In order to pay a rich tribute, the government has announced two-day national mourning and that the national flag will fly at half-mast from 6 to 7 February throughout India in her respect.
Lata Mangeshkar's awards and achievements
The Indian playback singer and legend Lata Mangeshkar Ji has won several awards and honours, including a Bharat Ratna. Below is the list of awards she won in her lifetime.
• Padma Bhushan (1969)
• Padma Vibhushan (1999)
• Zee Cine Award for Lifetime Achievements (1999)
• Dadasaheb Phalke Award (1989)
• Maharashtra Bhushan Award (1997)
• NTR National Award (1999)
• Bharat Ratna (2001)
• Legion of Honour (2007)
• ANR National Award (2009)
• She has won four Filmfare Best Female Playback Awards. In 1969, she made the unusual gesture of giving up the Filmfare Best Female Playback Award in order to promote fresh talent. She was later awarded the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award in 1993 and Filmfare Special Awards in 1994 and 2004.
• In 1984, Madhya Pradesh government announced Lata Mangeshkar award
• Officer of the French Legion of Honour, France's highest order (2009)