Madras Cafe actor arrested for cheating investors
Mumbai : Mumbai Police Crime Branch on Tuesday arrested Madras Café actress Leena Paul for allegedly cheating investors. She and her partner in crime Sekhar Chandrashekhar has been sent to police custody for four days.
- Madras Café actress Leena Paul has been arrested by Mumpai police crime branch
- She has been arrested on the charges of fraud and cheating with investors
- Five more people were taken into custody for their involvement in the crime
- A case has been registered under sections 420, 120 (B) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) along with Sections 3 and 4 of the Prize Chits and Money Circulation Scheme (Banning) Act 1978.
- "They used to impress gullible investors with their lifestyle. People believed that if he led such a lifestyle he definitely had money. The investors wanted high returns, so they were drawn towards him," Joint commissioner of police told reporters.
- All accused has been sent to four days of police custody.