Spotify music app in India: Facts you need to know
New Delhi : The much-awaited Spotify music streaming app is finally launched in India. The app is now available in Google Play Store and Apple App Store for Indian music lovers. Despite of official launch, the app is quite popular in the country with users resorting to VPNs to access the platform. If you are planning to enjoy music on Spotify, then here are some interesting facts, you need to know.
- Spotify is free to use but with ads and limited song skips
- Spotify Premium comes with one month free trial and features like offline downloads and no ads
- Spotify gives users payment options like credit and debit cards for monthly subscription. In India, monthly subscription for Spotify Premium is priced at Rs 119.
- Similar to Apple Music, Spotify also offers discounts on its subscription for college students.
- Spotify is offering 50% discount on its monthly subscription for students which comes to Rs 59 per month. Apple Music also has a similar student plan priced at Rs 60 per month.
- Spotify Premium plans comes cheaper in India as compared to US.
- Spotify Premium is available at Rs. 700 approx while family plan can be availed at Rs. 1,000 approx.
- Before launch in India, Spotify face legal issues with warner music. Warner/Chappel Music moved the Bombay High Court to prevent Spotify from offering its songs in India. The high court however allowed Spotify to launch its services in India, and make a deposit of Rs 6.5 crore.
- Spotify top-up plans include Rs 13 for 1 day, Rs 39 for seven days, Rs 389 for three months and Rs 719 for six months.