Heavy rains lashed Mumbai city: Live updates
New Delhi : The India Meteorological Department predicts that Mumbai, the financial capital of India will witness very heavy rains within next few hours. Rains lashed several parts of Mumbai. There are reports of waterlogging pouring in from various areas. Check live updates on Mumbai rains, here-
• Under construction building collapse due to rains. Seven cars damaged after wall of an under construction building collapsed at Vidyalankar road in Wadala's Antop Hill following heavy rain.
• Waterlogging from Mumbai's Matunga east area. According to very heavy rain is likely to continue in the region.
• BEST has diverted buses on 47 routes in eight waterlogged areas in island city and suburbs.
• There is some water accumulation at Sion due to continuous rains but trains are running on all three lines of Central Railway (Main line, Harbour and Trans-harbour) with a delay of 5-7 minutes
• Due to heavy rain between Virar and Surat, all mail express trains arriving at Bandra Terminus, Dadar Terminus and Mumbai central are expected to be arriving late.
• Central Railway trains running late due to waterlogging at Sion and Thane
• The IMD has forecast continuous rains and thundershowers over Mumbai city and suburbs today with some areas experiencing heavy to very heavy rains
• Rainfall recorded from 8.30 am yesterday till 5.30am today morning has been at Colaba observatory 90 mm and Santacruz 195 mm.
• Traffic has been hit at Khar subway, Andheri subway and Malad subway due to waterlogging
• Water is also logged at Dadar TT Circle. On the arterial Ambedkar Road water is filled much before Hindmata till Parel TT junction.
• Waterlogging also on the parallel Mori Road right upto the junction with the arterial LJ Road, Mahim and outside St Michael Church at Mahim.