All coal block allocations since 1993 `arbitrary, illegal', rules SC
- The Supreme Court declared all coal block allocations since July 1993 as illegal
- The decision brings black shadow over thousands of crores invested
- Decision to scrap them has not yet been passed
- Final verdict will come on September 1, 2014
- A bench of Chief Justice R M Lodha and Justices Madan B Lokur and Kurian Joseph passed the decision
- “The entire coal block allocations, as per recommendations made by the screening committee from July 14, 1993 in 36 meetings, and the allocations through the government dispensation route, suffer from the vice of arbitrariness and legal flaws,“ the bench said.