New Rs 10 currency note features: All you need to know about the note introduced by RBI
New Delhi : The Reserve Bank of India introduced a new Rs 10 currency note that is chocolate brown in colour. The country will shortly have new Rs 10 denomination notes in circulation, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced on Friday.
Here are the Features of new Rs 10 note:
1. The new Rs 10 note in the Mahatma Gandhi series is designed in the base colour of chocolate brown.
2. Another change has been made on the back side of the note where a motif of the Konark Sun Temple has replaced image of fauna of India - rhinoceros, elephant and tiger.
3. The new currency note will have the same height of 63mm as the current ten rupee note but the width will be 123 mm - slightly lesser than the 137 mm width of the existing note.
4. RBI will shortly issue Rs 10 denomination banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series, bearing signature of Governor Urjit R. Patel.
5. The last change in design in the Rs 10 note was made in 2005.
6. The reverse side of the new Rs 10 note will feature the language panel, year of printing and the Swachh Bharat logo.
7. Denominational numeral १० in Devnagari and Micro letters 'RBI', ‘भारत ', ‘INDIA' and '10'.
8. Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (10) watermarks
9. Number panel of new Rs 10 notes with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side.
In March last year, the RBI had announced plans to issue Rs 10 denomination banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi series. The last change in design in the Rs 10 note was made in 2005.
With IANS Input