BJP releases poll manifesto for Delhi MCD Elections 2017: Key Highlights
New Delhi : The Bharatiya Janata Party ( BJP) on Sunday released its manifesto for the upcoming municipal elections in Delhi.The BJP manifesto focuses on education and health sectors. The BJP has been in power for the the past 10 years and has now released its manifesto for the polls.
The party has also promised food for Rs 10 per plate under Deen Dayal Antyodaya Rasoi Yojna. Apart from these, special focus has been laid on the welfare of women and children. The voting for the Delhi MCD Elections 2017 will be held on Sunday, April 23, from 8 am till 5.30 pm, whereas, the counting of votes is scheduled to happen on April 26.
Here are the Top Highlights of BJP manifesto for Delhi MCD Polls
1. The BJP manifesto promises a solution to the problem of water-logging.
2. Deendayal Antyodaya Rasoi Yojana will be introduced wherein every meal will be served for Rs. 10.
3. In BJP manifesto There would be no new taxes
4. The MCD would become completely digital
5. Delhi MCD schools will be developed at par with the public schools. Special focus will be laid on sports, education, yoga, meditation etc.
6. MCD schools will be developed at par with the public schools. Special focus will be laid on sports, education, yoga, meditation etc.
7. Delhi would become garbage-free
8. Advanced machines to be used for garbage cleaning
9. Every contractual MCD cleaning staff will be made permanent
10. Every week a council meeting will be arranged with the Resident welfare association (RWA).
11. Property tax of religious and social places will be charged for Rupee one.
12. The BJP promises the construction of new Chhath Puja ghats while claiming that special attention will be provided towards their maintenance.