Coronavirus: Kota man dies as family members unplug ventilator to plug cooler
Kota : A 40-year-old man lost his life at a government hospital in Kota after his family members accidentally unplugged ventilator he was on to plug an air cooler.
The man was suspected to have coronavirus infection, he was admitted at ICU in the Maharao Bhim Singh (MBS) Hospital on June 13. His test reports later turned out to be negative.
Hospital authorities said a three-member committee will probe the incident.
The man was shifted to an isolation ward on June 15 as a safety measure after another patient in the ICU tested positive for the disease.
His family members bought an air cooler as it was too hot in the isolation ward. On finding no socket to plug the cooler in they allegedly removed the ventilator plug and almost after half-an hour, ventilator went out of power.
The immediately informed doctors and medical staff, who administered CPR upon the patient, but he died.
Hospital superintendent Dr Naveen Saxena said the committee comprising the deputy superintendent, nursing superintendent and chief medical officer on duty will probe the incident and submit the report on Saturday.
The committee has recorded statements of medical staff in the isolation ward but the family members of the patient are not responding to the panel, he alleged.
The doctor said action would be taken against whoever is found responsible in the probe report.