Free vaccination for people above 18, Centre takes over vaccine distribution
New Delhi : Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday evening came up with a surprise address to the nation, making some big announcements over coronavirus vaccination.
PM Modi said that the 75% of the total production of coronavirus vaccine will be procured by the government and give it free of cost to the state governments and will also bear the responsibility of 25 per cent of the work related to vaccination with the states.
“This arrangement will be implemented in the coming two weeks. In these two weeks, the central and state governments will together make necessary preparations according to the new guidelines,” PM Modi said.
Check out some of the important key takeaways from his speech:
• The 75% quota of vaccines will be procured by Govt of India and given to States for free.
• In next two weeks, arrangements will be done in co-ordination with the state governments to look after 25% of the vaccination works. From June 21 June, free vaccine for people above 18 years
• Private hospitals can only charge Rs 150 as service charge on vaccines
• The government has decided to extend Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana till Diwali. 80 crore poor will be provided free ration, under the scheme.
• To increase vaccine availability, the process of procuring vaccines from abroad has been sped up. Experts have also expressed concerns about children. In this direction, the trial of two vaccines is underway. Research is being conducted for a nasal vaccine in the country
• Vaccine supply will be increasing in the coming days. Seven companies in the country are producing different vaccines, 3 vaccine trials at advanced stage
• New health infrastructure has been developed in the 1.5 years with COVID hospitals, ventilators beds, to preparing a network of testing labs. During the 2nd wave in April-May, demand for medical oxygen increased at an unprecedented rate
• This is the deadliest pandemic in the past 100 years. The modern world has not seen such a pandemic. Our country has fought this pandemic at many levels