Jodhpur rape case: SC directs AIIMS to check Asaram’s medical condition
- Supreme Court on Wednesday directed AIIMS to check medical condition of self-styled godman Asaram
- The direction came to make sure whether Asaram can be provided with interim bail
- Bench headed by Justice T S Thakural gave four weeks to submit report
- While, apex court allowed Asaram’s plea to check the age of victim, who has been purportedly shown not to be minor
- Jodhpur Court had framed charges against Asaram for rape, criminal conspiracy and other offences
- Charges have been framed under sections 342 (for wrongful confinement), 354A (sexual harassment), 370(4) (trafficking), 376(2)f (rape on a woman when she is under twelve years of age), 506 (criminal intimidation), 509/34 and 120 (B) (criminal conspiracy).