Landslide near Pune; 17 dead, more than 100 trapped in debris
- Following a major rainfall, a massive landslide has been reported near Pune
- With more than 100 people trapped in debris, 17 has been confirmed dead
- The survivors have been rushed to nearby hospital
- Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said around 44 houses buried under the rubble
- While, Prime Minister Narendra Modi guided Rajnath Singh to visit the incident site
- NDRF team is handling the rescue operations
- Heavy rains have become an unassailable problem for many parts of Maharashtra.