Maharashtra New Restrictions: What's allowed, what's banned
Mumbai : As the coronavirus cases increased exponentially in Maharashtra, administration has imposed fresh curbs to stop spread of the coronavirus, which is mostly driven due to the new omicron variant.
41,434 new coronavirus cases were registered on Saturday, but the administration has refused to impose a lockdown till 40% occupancy of COVID hospitals is reached.
Here is the list of services which will be allowed or banned under new restrictions:
- Night curfew from 11 pm to 5 am
- Weddings and funerals only allowed with 50 people
- Religious, social and political events to only have a maximum of 50 people
- All public places like grounds, gardens, tourist places to remain shut
- Amusement parks, museums and zoos to be shut
- Swimming pools, spas, beauty salons and gyms to remain shut
- Haircutting salons will be allowed to remain open with 50 per cent capacity between 10 am - 7 pm
- Schools, colleges and all coaching centres to remain shut till February 15
- Private offices to run at 50 per cent capacity
- Visitors not allowed at government officer without permission
- Five or more people not allowed in public places from 5 am to 11 pm
- No local sports are allowed
- Shopping malls, Restaurant-hotels and theatres to run at 50 per cent capacity
- International and Domestic travellers will have to provide RT-PCR negative report within 72 hours or a double vaccination certificate
- Public transport like buses and local trains will only be permitted to people who are fully vaccinated.