Over 100 Chinese soldiers entered Uttarakhand last month: Report
Dehradun : A news report has claimed that around 100 Chinese soldiers illegally entered Barahoti sector in Uttarakhand last month; people familiar to the development told news agency ANI that PLA troops returned after damaging a bridge in the region. The incident happened on August 30 this year.
The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) personnel are deployed in the area and are keeping a strict vigilance in the area.
The incident comes amid a continuing standoff between India and China in the eastern Ladakh region, where disengagement from both ends has been completed.
The people cited above said minor transgressions have been taking place in Barahoti because of differing perceptions about the LAC by both sides.
It has also been notified that the Chinese troops have suddenly ramped up infrastructure development along the region.
India has been maintaining a strict vigil along the nearly 3,500-km LAC following the eastern Ladakh standoff. The border standoff between the Indian and Chinese militaries erupted on May 5 last year in eastern Ladakh following a violent clash in the Pangong lake area. Both sides gradually enhanced their deployment by rushing in tens of thousands of soldiers as well as heavy weaponry.