School bus conductor of Ryan International held for 7-year-old student's murder

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Reddit
  • Flipboard
  • Email
  • WhatsApp
School bus conductor of of Ryan International held for 7-year-old student's murder
School bus conductor of of Ryan International held for 7-year-old student's murder

Gurugram : Police have arrested a bus conductor of Ryan International School for the murder of a seven-year-old student who was found with his throat slit in the washroom of the school in Bhondsi area near here.

Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Simardeep Singh, who is also officiating Commissioner of Police in Gurugram, late on Friday night disclosed that Ashok Kumar, bus conductor of Ryan International School, has been arrested.

Kumar, the son of Amichand, resident of village Ghamroj has been arrested in the Bhondsi murder case of a seven-year-old child, the DCP said in a statement. Though DCP Singh didn't disclose the motive behind the killing, sources said Kumar killed the child after failing to sexually assault him.

Singh didn't respond to a question on what action has been taken against the school management.

Pradhuman, a Class 2 student, was found dead by a school staff in the washroom with his throat slit. A knife, presumably the murder weapon, was found near the body.

His sister is a student of Class 5 in the same school, located on Sohna Road, some 13 km from Gurugram city. Angry over the killing, a mob partially vandalised the school office and shouted slogans against its management, following which heavy police force was deployed at the campus.

Earlier, seven persons were detained for questioning, including Class IV staff like the sweeper, gardener, bus driver and conductor, the police said. 

The boy's family resides in Maruti Kunj Society in the same area. Pradhuman's father is a senior executive with an export house in the Kherki Daula police station area. 

Forensic expert Deepak Mathur, who conducted the post-mortem, said: "The deceased had two cuts on his neck. His throat was almost completely slit. Haemorrhage and excessive blood loss caused the death." 

Police sources said the parents of the boy refused to accept the body after the post-mortem examination and maintained they would not cremate the body till the culprits were caught.