Vande Bharat Express Flagged Off Today: Train 18 Ticket Prices, Schedule And Route
New Delhi : Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday flagged off the indigenous Train 18, renamed Vande Bharat Express, from the New Delhi railway station to Varanasi in the backdrop of the Pulwama terror attack on a CRPF convoy in Jammu and Kashmir.
The Vande Bharat Express train will clock 160 km per hour the fastest on the Indian rail network. The Vande Bharat Express train with 16-coach will have two executive compartments with 52 seats each and trailer coaches with 78 seats each.
PM @NarendraModi flags off #VandeBharatExpress #India's first semi-high speed train from New Delhi pic.twitter.com/mdA3Nz2CJk— PIB India 🇮🇳 #StayHome #StaySafe (@PIB_India) February 15, 2019
Bookings on the Vande Bharat Express opened on Friday. All the seats of were booked within four hours. The train, which will start replacing Shatabdi Express trains, will run between Delhi and Varanasi. The train has been manufactured by the Integral Coach Factory in Chennai.
Things to know about Vande Bharat Express ( Train 18) ticket prices, routes and facilities:
1. A Delhi-Varanasi journey by the train will cost Rs. 3,310 (per head) and Rs. 1,760 for Executive Class (EC) and Chair Car (CC), respectively. These ticket prices for Train 18 journeys are inclusive of taxes.
The fare for a journey from Varanasi to New Delhi for the CC booking class has been fixed at Rs. 1,700 whereas that for the EC class will cost Rs. 3,260.
2. The fares for a Delhi-Kanpur journey by Train 18 has been fixed at Rs. 1,090 for CC and Rs. 2,105 for EC, and those for a Delhi-Prayagraj journey at Rs. 1,395 and Rs. 2,750, respectively.
3. Tickets for a journey between Kanpur and Prayagraj will cost Rs. 595 for CC and Rs. 1,170 for EC. A journey between Kanpur and Varanasi will cost Rs. 1,020 for the CC class and Rs. 1,815 for EC.
4. No concession and child fare will be allowed in this train, railway officials added.
5. Passengers travelling from Delhi to Varanasi in EC booking class will be charged Rs. 399 for morning tea, breakfast and lunch, while those opting for CC will have to pay Rs. 344. Similarly, the passengers travelling from New Delhi to Kanpur and Prayagraj will have to pay Rs. 155 and Rs. 122 for EC and CC, respectively.
6. From Varanasi to New Delhi, the passengers will be charged Rs. 349 and Rs. 288 in the EC and CC, respectively. They will be served evening tea with snacks and dinner.
7.Train 18 has 16 air-conditioned coaches of which two are executive class. The total seating capacity is 1,128 passengers.