Who is Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh adopted daughter Honeypreet Insan?
New Delhi : Fugitive Honeypreet Insan, a close aide of jailed Dera Sacha Sauda sect chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh, was arrested on Tuesday and will be produced in a trial court of Haryana's Panchkula on Wednesday, police said.
She was detained by the Punjab Police from the Zirkapur-Patiala highway and later handed over to the Haryana Police, a senior police official told IANS. The police had been on her trail for nearly a month and raids were conducted in Nepal, Rajasthan, Bihar and Haryana. Honeypreet, who is considered to be the closest aides of Gurmeet Ram Rahim, may reveal many dark secrets of the Dera. Here’s a brief life history of Honeypreet:
1. Born in 1982 in Haryana’s Fatehabad district, her parents named Honeypreet Priyanka Taneja. She was married to Vishwas Gupta, grandson of former Gharaunda MLA Rulia Ram Gupta, at a young age.
2. Soon after her marriage, Priyanka was introduced to Dera and Gurmeet Ram Rahim. It was Ram Rahim who gave her the name – Honeypreet.
3. After almost 10 years of marriage with Vishwas Gupta, Honeypreet accused her husband of harassment and sought protection in Dera Sacha Sauda.
4. It was after this that Gurmeet Ram Rahim adopted Priyanka Taneja, who was now Honeypreet, as his third child.
5. Her husband Vishwas Gupta then approached the Haryana and Punjab High Court seeking custody of her wife. The court turned down his appeal following which he filed for divorce.
6. Vishwas Gupta told the court and media that Gurmeet Ram Rahim had been sexually exploiting Honeypreet inside the Sirsa headquarters of Dera Sacha Sauda.
7. Honeypreet always referred to Ram Rahim as papaji in public. On social media, her profiles go by the name of Papa’s Angel.
8. On August 28, a Panchkula court awarded 20-year jail term to Gurmeet Ram Rahim for raping two disciples in 2002. Honeypreet was seen accompanying Ram Rahim in a helicopter which ferried him to the Rohtak jail following his sentencing.
9. Honeypreet mysteriously disappeared after August 28. After successfully hoodwinking the Haryana Police for 38 days, she suddenly appeared before the media today morning and was arrested later in the day.