Slap on me was planned by BJP: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi : Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday blamed Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for the slap he received during the roadshow at Moti Nagar.
Addressing a press conference, Kejriwal tagged the assault as an insult to the people of the national capital. "In the past 5 years, this is the 9th attack. After becoming chief minister it is the 5th attack. In this country Delhi CM is the only only CM whose security’s responsibility is in the hands of opposition party that is BJP. Therefore, the responsibility is on BJP government," said Kejriwal one day after the incident.
"A Chief Minister was attacked and the Central govt says, ‘it didn’t receive the complaint, unable to move ahead with further proceedings, the PM should resign over it. It’s not an attack on Arvind Kejriwal, it is an attack on Delhi’s mandate,” CM stated. Making a veiled attack on the ruling BJP, Kejriwal asserted,”This is a conspiracy. There cannot be lapses for nine times. Since we have entered politics, this is happening. They cannot tolerate an ‘Aam Aadmi’ in politics. There were raid in my office. Even in my bedroom. There are 33 cases filed against me.”
He claimed, “All preparations for the humla (attack) was in the BJP office.Delhi police were told to make statements in the manner it did. After all, what can Delhi police do, when institutions like Election Commission is doing nothing.” Furthermore, he said,“The attack was meant to send a message that whoever raises his voice against Prime Minister Narendra Modi will face consequesnces.”
Earlier on Sunday, the Delhi Police registered an FIR under IPC Section 323 (Punishment for voluntarily causing hurt) against the man who allegedly assaulted Arvind Kejriwal.
The attacker Suresh, a former party worker was disappointed due to behaviour of AAP leaders, Additional PRO, Delhi Police Anil Mittal said. He added,”Suresh got further angry due to distrust of the party in the armed forces.”