Haryana to host 3rd Young SP Conference & Police Expo 2020
New Delhi : Taking inspiration from the message of Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi i.e. “Technology provides us with an effective weapon to ensure pro-active policing that factors-in the feedback of the common man”, 3rd Young Superintendents of Police Conference & Police Expo 2020, is being organised on March 5-6, 2020 at Apparel House, Sector 44, Gurugram, Haryana.
PM's vision of India a $5 trillion economy achievable only in a peaceful environment, ensured by a modern and efficient police force. With this objective, the theme of the Conference and Exposition this year, focuses on ‘New age solutions for effective & efficient Policing’ with a view to creating awareness among various stakeholders.
Haryana Police is organizing the conference in collaboration with the Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) which is mandated to create an interface between technology developers (industry, academia and technical institutions) and representatives of Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs). The State Police has also roped in Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) for bringing the industry together for organizing an Exhibition along with demonstration of latest technologies/ gadgets related to police modernization.
Gurugram has been chosen as the venue for this national programme because it has emerged as a preferred destination for multinational companies in India. Showcasing some of the key initiatives undertaken by Law Enforcement Agencies for improving internal security could further boost the confidence of foreign investors in Indian Economy. Gurugram offers several Make-in-India opportunities for Homeland Security.
“Police expo is a UNIQUE B2G FORUM to facilitate B2G meetings in Homeland Security. In addition to showcasing cutting-edge technological solutions, the expo extends opportunity to exhibiting organisations to get their product / technology / solutions evaluated from the Govt. Screening Committee, which could help them in exploring meetings with CAPFs & State Police Forces to undertake field trials and pilot projects.” said Shri Rahul Chaudhry, Chairman, FICCI Homeland Security Committee.
• Inauguration by Shri Ajit Doval, National Security Advisor, Govt. of India
• Valediction by Shri Manohar Lal, Hon'ble Chief Minister, Haryana
• Keynote by Shri Suresh Prabhu, G7 and G20 Sherpa for India & Hon’ble Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha
• Special Address by Shri Anil Vij, Hon’ble Home Minister, Govt. of Haryana
• Shri Manoj Yadava, Director General of Police – Haryana; Shri V.S.K. Kaumudi, Director General, BPR&D; Shri Muhammad Akil, Commissioner of Police, Gurugram and other eminent dignitaries will be gracing the event.
• Police Expo - Showcase of Body Armour, Mine Protection Vehicles, Less Than Lethal Technologies, Advance Weaponry, Latest Communication Equipment, Surveillance Equipment, Drone & Anti-Drone Technologies, Cyber Security/ Cyber Crime Management, Big Data & Predictive Analytics etc.
• BPR&D Screening Committee comprising experts and senior officers will evaluate products and technologies of the exhibitors present with the purpose of deriving optimum outcome from the programme. Later, the committee will recommend field trials for selected products and technologies for acquisition by the LEAs.
The Screening Committee will comprise senior officials from provisioning/ police modernisation from State Police such as Haryana and Delhi Police; CAPFs such as CISF, NSG, CRPF, SSB, BSF and many more.
• Participation of Senior Police Officials - DGPs, ADGPs, IGs from State Police Forces and CAPFs
• Participation of Young SPs from all over India
• Performances by Bands of Border Security Force (BSF) and Haryana Police.
Schedule of the event can be accessed from the following URL: