As Kohli captains team India, Gavaskar says Dhoni deserved this break
- Virat Kohli is the new captain of team India as MS Dhoni has been rested for Sri Lanka’s upcoming 5-match ODI series
- On Wednesday, selectors announced the name of 15-member team India which will fight against Sri Lanka players
- Talking to NDTV, Sunil Gavaskar said Dhoni had been playing for quite long now and deserved this break
- He also said that doors for Virendra Sehwag and Yuvraj Singh in team India are still open
- "They need to play well in domestic cricket. I don't think I will rule them out just yet."
- The Five-match ODI series with Sri Lanka has been scheduled after West India abruptly pulled out their Indian tour
- BCCI has also announced that they won’t be playing any bilateral games with WI till 2022
- They also assured that strict action will be taken against the team for abruptly calling off the tour
- IPL selection for WI players has now also come in the line of question.