Sourav Ganguly receives death threat via post, informs police
Kolkata : Former Indian skipped Sourav Ganguly on Monday revealed that he has received a death threat from an unknown source via post.
"I got the letter couple of days back. I have informed the police about the same," the Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) President said.
According to the letter he has been adviced to stay away from Midnapore district, where he has been scheduled to attend Vidyasagar University's programme jointly organised with the District Sports Association on January 19.
However, the state police has claimed that they have received no such information so far.
"We have no such information at this moment," a senior police official said.