379: Dropped from Team India, Prithvi Shaw becomes second highest run scorer in Ranji Trophy
New Delhi : Indian opener Prithvi Shaw has become the second highest run scorer in history of Ranji Trophy cricket. Though he missed the opportunity to become the second Indian cricketer to score over 400 runs in Ranji Trophy.
Shaw scored 379 run on Day 2 of their Ranji Trophy match against Assam to sail pass Sanjay Manjrekar score of 377 runs and became the second highest run scorer after BB Nimbalkar who has scored 443 runs (not out) for Maharashtra against. Saurashtra in 194849 season.
Shaw broke the 33-year record of highest score by a Mumbai batter, with Sanjay Manjrekar scoring 377 against Hyderabad in the 1990-91 season. The Mumbai opener scored 379 runs of just 383 balls. During his innings, he smashed 4 sixes and 49 fours.
He did a brilliant 401 run 3rd wicket partnership with Mumbai skipper Ajinkya Rahane. He completed his century in the first 107 balls, his double ton came in 235 balls and the triple ton came in 326 deliveries.
Here are the Top 5 highest run-scorer in Ranji Trophy history:
1. BB Nimbalkar (Maharashtra) – 443 not out vs Saurashtra (1948-49)
2. Prithvi Shaw (Mumbai) – 379 vs Assam (2022-23)
3. Sanjay Manjrekar (Bombay) – 377 vs Hyderabad (1990-91)
4. MV Sridhar (Hyderabad) – 366 vs Andhra (1993-94)
5. Vijay Merchant (Bombay) – 359 not out vs Maharashtra (1943-44)