Kolkata ODI: Rohit Sharma claims world record, makes India a proud winner
Kolkata : As Rohit Sharma scored highest ODI score by any batsman, team India tasted another victory in the ongoing series against Sri Lanka.
- Rohit Sharma made 264 runs in 173 balls with the help of 33 fours and 9 sixes.
- With this single knock he engraved his name on three world records.
- First World Record: Highest ODI individual total by any batsman in this world.
- Second World Record: Only batsman to score two double centuries.
-Third World Record: Maximum number of fours by any batsman in single innings.
- With the help of Rohit’s record winning knock, India posted 404 runs against the guest team.
- Sri Lankan battalion dropped their hope even before they reached Rohit’s total.
- The whole team managed to put 251 runs on board giving India a 153-run win.