Third Test, Day 2: England pile up huge score against India
- Creating troubles for the visitors England piled up a huge score to place themselves on a strong position
- England declared their innings at 569/7
- Ian Bell contributed 167 runs to take England to this mammoth total
- Gary Balance also came in full support and made 142 runs off 156 balls
- Team India scored 25 runs for the loss of 1 wicket till the end of Day 2 game
- Dhoni battalion would be looking forward to cross the magic number 370
New Delhi : Scorecard
England (1st Innings): A. Cook c Dhoni b Jadeja 95, S. Robson c Jadeja b Shami 26, G. Ballance c Dhoni b Sharma 156, I. Ian Bell c Pankaj Singh b Kumar 167, Joe Root c Dhoni b Kumar 3, Moeen Ali c Rahane b Kumar 12, Jos Butler b Jadeja 85, Chris Woakes not out 7.
Extras (B-5, LB-11, W-2) 18. Total (for seven wickets in 163.4 overs) 569.
Fall of wickets: 1-55, 2-213, 3-355, 4-378, 5-420, 6-526, 7-569.
Bowling: B. Kumar 37-10-101-3, M. Shami 33-4-123-1, P. Singh 37-8-146-0, R. Sharma 9-0-26-1, R. Jadeja 45.4-10-153-2, S. Dhawan 2-0-4-0
India (1st Innings): M. Vijay batting 11, S. Dhawan c Cook b Anderson 6, C. Pujara batting 4.
Extras (b4) 4. Total (1 wkt, 14 overs, 64 mins) 25.
Fall of wicket: 1-17.
Bowling: J. Anderson 7-3-14-1, S. Broad 4-2-4-0, C. Jordan 2-1-3-0, C. Woakes 1-1-0-0