Maria Sharapova’s ‘dope’ knock puts eveyone in shock
Los Angeles : • Maria Sharapova has been tested positive in the dope test for 2016 Australian Open
• She herself confirmed the news and said, not sure what punishment she'll face for her "huge mistake."
• Five times Grand Slam tennis champion said a change in the World Anti-Doping Agency's banned list for 2016 led to an inadvertent violation.
• The International Tennis Federation has provisionally suspended her.
• She was tested positive for Meldonium, a drug that has been added to the banned list this year.
• Reports are that she was taking the drug since 2006
• "I did fail the test and I take full responsibility for it," a sombre Sharapova said.
• "I made a huge mistake. I let my fans down. I let my sport down that I've been playing since the age of four that I love so deeply," added Sharapova.
• In normal cases, a ban of four years is imposed but the same can be reduced by the governing body.