Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+: All about release date, features and prices!
Los Angeles : Mobile tech giant Samsung on Thursday unveiled its new flagship smartphones – the Galaxy S8 and S8+. The phones have been launched after the launch of Note7, which if you recall, had a habit of setting fire on planes.
The new phones come with larger screens, no physical home button and a pressure sensitive ‘invisible’ home button beneath the display.
The company confirms that S8 would have a 5.8 inch screen and the S8+ a 6.2 inch display.
They will also feature artificial intelligence software, virtual assistant Bixby.
Samsung mobile president DJ Koh said, “The Samsung Galaxy S8 ushers in a new era of smartphone design and fantastic new services, opening up new ways to experience the world.”
He added, “The Galaxy S8 is our testament to regaining your trust by redefining what’s possible in safety and marks a new milestone in Samsung’s smartphone legacy.”
Mr Koh also apologised to customers at the conclusion of the investigation for failing to meet consumer expectations. Since discontinuing the Note7 in October last year, Samsung has conducted an internal investigation into the cause of the phone’s safety issues.
- Virtual assistant Bixby is able to understand context
- Can scan images through the phone’s camera in order to help with commands and queries
- It also shows shopping options when food or drink packaging is scanned
- Both devices come with a 12 megapixel rear camera and an eight megapixel front-facing camera
- 64GB of storage that can be expanded up to 256GB via a MicroSD card slot
- Both phones are dust and water resistant and have fast charging capabilities
Samsung confirmed the S8 and S8+ would launch on April 21, with the S8 costing Rs 47,000 and the S8+ Rs 53,000