WhatsApp introduces new feature to preview voice notes
New Delhi : WhatsApp has rolled out a new 'voice message preview' feature for its users. Now, the users will be able to preview their voice messages before hitting the send button.
With this, the usability of the application has been increased. This feature was first spotted by WABetaInfo last month.
The new feature has been rolled out for all users across the world; if you have not seen it yet, try updating the application on the phone.
Steps to preview voice messages on WhatsApp:
1. Open WhatsApp and open any individual or group chat.
2. Tap on the microphone and slide it up to lock hands-free recording.
3. Record the voice message and tap on stop, once done.
4. Tap on “Play” to listen to this voice message. Users can even tap on any part of the recording to play it from that particular timestamp.
5. Once you are done, you can select “Trash” to delete this recording or tap on “send” to send it.
Earlier, the company had introduced playback speed feature on the voice notes. With this feature, users can listen to WhatsApp voice messages at three different speeds: normal speed, 1.5x speed, and 2x speed. Notably, all WhatsApp voice messages will play at normal speed by default.