WhatsApp picture-in-picture update for desktop: Steps to use it
New Delhi : WhatsApp has brought forward Picture-in-Picture support for its Web version. The new feature allows you to watch shared videos from third-party apps like Instagram and YouTube within the application.
According to WABetaInfo website, the new feature is available with the latest version of WhatsApp. The website reports users with the version 0.3.1846 can start using the feature. You can check the version of your app by going to Settings > Help.
For suppose, when you play video on WhatsApp Web, click on the pop out icon on the video to watch it in a new window. With the help of this feature, users can watch video as well as continue to chat with your contact or group.
A source close to the development shares that WhatsApp will add PiP feature for third-party apps like Facebook, Instagram and YouTube very soon.
How to use WhatsApp PiP feature on desktop: Step-by-step guide
- Update your WhatsApp app.
- Go to Settings on your WhatsApp Web > Help > check for version0.3.1846
- If you have the latest version, launch WhatsApp Web on your desktop
- Click on pop-out icon on the shared video.
- You can drag and change the position of video
- You can also adjust volume, play and pause the PiP video.