PM Modi’s Bangladesh trip: From land agreement to Pakistan terrorism
Dhaka : Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday concluded his two-day visit to the neighbouring nation Bangladesh. Apart from being historic, the trip also listed solutions for some much needed problems between the two countries.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi landed in Dhaka, Bangladesh on Saturday morning.
• He received a warm welcome from his counterpart Sheikh Hasina at the airport in Dhaka
• Sheikh Hasina broke protocol to welcome Mr Modi
• Then he visited National Martyrs’ memorial in Dhaka
After tributes to the Martyrs, paying respects to Sheikh Mujibur Rahman at Bangabandhu Memorial Museum. pic.twitter.com/gBfnfZVsj8
• West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was also accompanying Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his visit.
• With motive to provide strength to India-Bangladesh bilateral relations, PM Modi and Sheikh Hasina flagged of bus services between Agartala-Kolkata and Dhaka-Guwahati.
• India and Bangladesh signed Land Boundary Agreement; 51 villages are now part of India and 111 have come under Bangladesh.
• 21 other pacts were also signed.
• PM Modi started his second day with a visit to Sree Sree Dhakeshwari Temple
• He also inaugurated 6 projects undertaken with grant in aid
• Then he went off for a royal lunch hosted by none other than President of Bangladesh Abdul Hamid
• On behalf of ex-Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee he received Award of Liberation War Honour
• PM Modi met Presidents of leading Chambers of Commerce and Industry in Bangladesh
• PM Modi met former Prime Minister of Bangladesh Khaleda Zia
• He then addresses all mentioning anti-terror policies one should adopt to keep everyone safe and secure.