Indian car markets to miss Datsun GO?
New Delhi : Datsun GO, a recently launched car in India, may end up being evicted from the markets soon.
- In a major setback for Nissan Motors, Global NCAP has asked the Japanese car maker to withdraw the car from Indian market.
- The car failed crash tests recently conducted by the Global New Car Assessment Programme (NCAP).
- They also termed car to be sub-standard.
- I would urge Nissan to withdraw the Datsun Go from sale in India pending an urgent redesign of the car’s body-shell, Mosley said.
- As per the crash results, the Datsun GO scored zero stars for adult occupant protection and just two stars for child occupant protection.
- The vehicle structure also collapsed in the crash and was later rated as unstable.
- However, Nissan India spokesperson has said that they have not received the letter yet.