No CBI enquiry in Sushant Singh Rajput Case, "Mumbai Police enough" to solve it
Mumbai : While a strong call was made for a CBI enquiry in the suicide case of actor Sushant Singh Rajput, Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh clarified that the case does not need a CBI enquiry, Mumbai Police is capable enough to handle the matter.
In his latest interview with Mid-Day, Deshmukh said that the Mumbai Police is competent enough to handle such cases, therefore, no request for a CBI inquiry in the late actor’s alleged suicide case is being considered.
Deshmukh was quoted saying, “I have the tweets and the campaign. But I don’t think a CBI probe is required. The Mumbai Police is competent enough to handle such cases and they are investigating every aspect of the case including professional rivalry. As of now, we do not see any foul play. Details of the investigation will be shared once it is completed.”
On Thursday, Rhea Chakraborty, who identified herself as Sushant Singh Rajput's girlfriend, had also demanded a CBI enquiry in his death. She had written on Instagram, “Respected @amitshahofficial sir , I’m sushant Singh Rajputs girlfriend Rhea chakraborty, it is now over a month since his sudden demise . I have complete faith in the government , however in the interest of justice , I request you with folded hands to initiate a CBI enquiry into this matter . I only want to understand what pressures prompted Sushant to take this step."
Meanwhile, Mumbai Police is continuing with their investigations in the matter. So far, they have recorded statements of 35 people related to Sushant Singh Rajput. “We are not waiting for forensic reports to get more clarity. Our investigation continues to look into the professional rivalry angle,” said an officer.