Y+ security for Kangana Ranaut: What does it mean?
New Delhi : Ministry of Home Affairs has granted Y+ security to actress Kangana Ranaut amid her verbal spat with Shiv Sena's Sanjay Raut, said officials on Monday.
The decision to grant her Y+ security came after she compared Mumbai with Pakistan Occupied Kashmir and Sanjay Raut slammed her, issuing warning that she better does not return to Mumbai. Later, Kangana announce that she will return on September 9.
Individuals are provided this security after an assessment by the security agency and it is reviewed periodically. High risk individuals are provided with security by police and the government.
The category is divided into four tiers -- Z+ (highest level); Z; Y and X -- depending on the threat perception to the person. Individuals under the security blanket include cabinet ministers, chief ministers, high court and Supreme Court judges, leading politicians, and senior bureaucrats.
SPG: It is a classified security detail and given exclusively to the Prime Minister
Z+: 55 personnel
Z: 22 personnel
Y: 11 personnel
X: 2 personnel
* The Special Protection Group (SPG), National Security Guards (NSG), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) are the agencies responsible for providing securities to VVIPs/VIPs/politicians/high-profile celebrities and sportspersons.
* NSG is used extensively to guard VIPs and VVIPs, especially those in the Z+ category. Many NSG personnel are seconded to SPG, which guards the Prime Minister.
* SPG commandos cater to the PM, former PMs and their immediate family members as part of the Z+ category of security cover.
* The Z category entails security cover by the Delhi Police or the ITBF or CRPF personnel and one escort car.
* The Y category encompasses two personal security officers (PSOs) and the X category, one PSO.