Coronavirus Outbreak: What emergency services will remain operational during lockdown?
New Delhi : Amid a rising number of Covid-19 cases, several states have implemented a complete lockdown till March 31, to stop the spread of the deadly virus among the citizens.
The national capital and States like Punjab, Haryana, etc. have announced a full lockdown including a ban on the public and private transport services.
"For preventive measures to contain the spread of Covid-19 outbreak, directions have been issued for lockdown in the whole territorial jurisdiction of NCT of Delhi from 0600 hrs on Monday 23rd March 2020 to midnight 31st March 2020," Delhi Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal tweeted on Sunday.
For preventive measures to contain spread of covid-19 outbreak, directions have been issued for lockdown in the whole territorial jurisdiction of NCT of Delhi from 0600 hrs on Monday 23rd March 2020 to midnight 31st March 2020.#IndiaFightCorona pic.twitter.com/kqAcaxiQbr— LG Delhi (@LtGovDelhi) March 22, 2020
Meanwhile, here is a list of services which have been exempted from the lockdown and will work with the minimal workforce.
- Offices charged with law and order and magisterial duties
- Fair price shops (public distribution system)
- Municipal services
- Activities related to the functioning of legislative assembly of Delhi
- Pay and accounts office (only for salary/wages/contingent/health and essential services related expenditure)
- Print and electronic media
- Cashier/teller operations of banks (including ATMs)
- Telecom, internet and postal services
- E-commerce of all essential goods including food, pharmaceutical and medical equipment
- Food items, groceries (fruit/vegetables/milk/bakery items, meat, fish, etc)
- Milk plants
- General provision stores
- Takeaway/home delivery in restaurants
- Chemists and pharmacies
- Petrol pumps, LPG/oil agencies (including their godown and transportation-related activities)
- Animal fodder
- Manufacturing, processing, transportation, distribution, storage, trade/commerce and logistics related to all the above services/establishments and commodities required for delivery of these above services
- Any other essential service/establishment that may be exempted by the government