Delhi under complete lockdown till March 31: CM Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi : Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has announced a complete lockdown of the national capital till March 31. He said that all private offices will remain closed and the employees will not be marked absent. Essential services will remain exempted from the lockdown that will come to effect from 6 am on March 23.
Here are the key announcements made by CM Arvind Kejriwal:
- Interstate operations across bordering states will be minimised- only essential travels will be allowed
- All private offices will remain closed but the employees - both permanent and contractual - will be considered to be on-duty. The companies will have to provide them with the salary for this duration
- There are 27 cases in Delhi - 6 of them fall under the category of transmission, 21 had come from foreign countries
- Food, Medicines and e-commerce related to food items will remain available
- Central government offices are also present in the national capital, Centre will be taking a call on that.
- Legal action will be imposed on those who will not follow the lockdown.
- Section 144 has been imposed in the national capital.