GST Rollout in India: Who said what on India’s new tax reform?
New Delhi : GST Roll Out in India: A wave of joy swept the central Hall of Parliament as President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Narendra Modi pressed a button at the midnight function to roll out Goods and Services Tax (GST). Here is a look at who said what post GST rolls out:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi statements on GST:
- GST stands for "good and simple tax"
- GST is an example of team work and cooperative federalism.
- GST is not just 'ease of doing business' but 'way of doing business'. It is an important step in economic reform. Ahead of that it is also a social reform towards honesty.
- GST brings uniformity in the economic system.
- GST will bring freedom from tax terrorism.
- GST will chart new course for nation.
President Pranab Mukherjee on GST:
- GST a tribute to maturity, wisdom of India's democracy.
- GST is a disruptive change. It is similar to the introduction of VAT when there was initial resistance.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on GST:
- Under GST, the revenues will go up as the compliance goes up and the GDP will also increase.
- GST will open India to new limitless possibilities
Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan GST:
- It is a historic day. The enactment was passed unanimously. The GST is supported by everybody.
Biju Janata Dal MP Bhartruhari Mahtab:
- GST is going to revolutionise the whole system.