Manipur: 18 Armymen killed, 11 injured in militant attack
Manipur : 18 armymen lost their lives and at least 11 were injured on Thursday in a militant attack on their convoy in Manipur's Chandel district. The attack has been marked as the worst Army suffered since the Kargil War of 1999. A counter terror operation has been planned to dig the militants out.
- 18 armymen were killed and at least 11 injured in a militant attack in Manipur
- This is the worst attack army suffered since the Kargil War of 1999
- Government has asked army to launch an anti-terror operation to eliminate the militants
- The Home Minister ordered that no militant involved in the attack should be allowed to go scot free
- UNLF and NSCN(K) jointly took responsibility of the attack
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi tweeted, "Today's mindless attack in Manipur is very distressing. I bow to each and every soldier who has sacrificed his life for the Nation."
- The incident took place at around 8:30 AM on Thursday.