New COVID-19 restrictions in Rajasthan from today
Jaipur : Amid rising cases of coronavirus in the state, the Rajasthan government has applied new coronavirus restrictions from Tuesday (April 6). People have been advised to avoid unnecessary travel and those who cannot avoid an intra-state visit, a negative RT-PCR report is mandatory.
The government has also announced shutting down of the schools, night curfew and closure of multiplexes and gyms. Check out the new guidelines issued by Principal Secretary (Home) Abhay Kumar:
1) As per the guidelines, the night curfew will remain in force from 8 pm to 6 am.
2) The state government has ordered the suspension of Classes 1 to 9 at schools from April 5 to 19.
3) The government also restricted the number of people at social gatherings to a maximum of 100.
4) College classes, except for final-year students, will remain suspended during the period but students can take their practical exams with prior permission.
5) Nursing and medical colleges will remain functional as earlier.
6) It will be mandatory for travellers from outside the state to submit a negative coronavirus test report, not old than 72 hours before arrival in Rajasthan.
7) Dining at restaurants and hotels during the curfew hours has been prohibited while home delivery of food has been allowed.
8) Swimming polls operations will also remain suspended during the period.
Rajasthan has registered a sudden surge in the number of daily coronavirus cases. On Sunday, the state registered more than 1700 cases, which pushed the infection tally to 3,39,325.