Parliament session: Lok Sabha ends today, Rajya Sabha tomorrow
New Delhi : Second phase of Budget session that began on April 25 will end early with Lok Sabha being adjourned sine die late this evening and Rajya Sabha tomorrow.
According to sources quoted by news agency PTI, the decision has been taken in view of campaigning for Assembly Elections in Kerala and Tamil Nadu. However, no official business has been compromised for the same.
In normal scenario, the lower house would have called off session On May 13, 2016.
"It's a consensus decision," said a government source, indicating that the Opposition parties were also fully on board for an early conclusion of the session.
Both the houses could have been adjourned sine die but with Finance Bill pending in Rajya Sabha, the upper house will see discussions on Thursday too.
58 retired members will be making their customary speech today on their final day in Rajya Sabha.
- With no official business left, Lok Sabha session to end a day early on Thursday
- Rajya Sabha session will go off on Friday
- Second phase of budget session formally began on April 25
- Last date for the sessions was May 13
- 58 retired members of Rajya Sabha will make their customary speech
- The decision has been taken under the view of campaigns in Kerala and Tamil Nadu.