PM Modi chairs high-level meeting amid Covid scare
New Delhi : Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday chaired a high-level meeting to review the coronavirus situation in the nation, amid global cry after a sudden surge in coronavirus cases have been reported in some nations, mainly China. At the meeting, PM Modi urged everyone to wear masks in public places.
Amid rising cases in some parts of the world, PM Narendra Modi cautioned against the complacency and also asked officials to strengthen the ongoing surveillance measures, especially at international airports.
PM Modi has been told that India has seen a steady decline in the number of coronavirus cases with daily cases falling to 153 and weekly positivity rate at 0.14 per cent.
Meanwhile, more than 5 lakh daily coronavirus cases have been reported globally.
Here are key points from the Prime Minister Narendra Modi's meeting:
- PM Modi has urged everyone to follow coronavirus-appropriate behaviour like wearing masks in crowded public places.
- He asked officials to ramp up testing and genome sequencing
- Precautionary dose must be encouraged specially in elder people
- Surveillance to be increased on international airports.
- Covid infrastructures to be maintained at high level in terms of equipment, processes and human resources.
- States have been asked to share the large number of samples for genome sequencing.
- He also directed officials to keep a sharp eye on the prices and availability of essential medicines.