Prime Minister Narendra Modi declares war on 'Sarkari Culture'
New Delhi : Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched GatiShakti-National Master Plan for multi-modal connectivity, a move that the government says will transform the infrastructure landscape of the country.
The new plan is based on the six pillars to ensure a holistic outlook towards infrastructure. These six pillars PM Modi said are “comprehensiveness, prioritization, optimization, synchronization, analytics and dynamics.”
The six pillars of ‘PM GatiShakti – National Master Plan’:
1. Comprehensiveness: It will include all the existing and planned initiatives of various ministries and departments with one centralized portal. Each and every department will now have visibility of each other’s activities providing critical data while planning and executing projects in a comprehensive manner.
2. Prioritisation: Through this, different departments will be able to prioritise their projects through cross-sectoral interactions.
3. Optimisation: The National Master Plan will assist different ministries in planning for projects after the identification of critical gaps. For the transportation of the goods from one place to another, the plan will help in selecting the most optimum route in terms of time and cost.
4. Synchronisation: Individual ministries and departments often work in silos. There is a lack of coordination in the planning and implementation of the project resulting in delays. PM GatiShakti will help in synchronising the activities of each department, as well as of different layers of governance, in a holistic manner by ensuring coordination of work between them.
5. Analytical: The plan will provide the entire data at one place with GIS-based spatial planning and analytical tools having 200+ layers, enabling better visibility to the executing agency.
6. Dynamic: All ministries and departments will now be able to visualise, review and monitor the progress of cross-sectoral projects, through the GIS platform, as the satellite imagery will give on-ground progress periodically and progress of the projects will be updated on a regular basis on the portal. It will help in identifying the vital interventions for enhancing and updating the master plan.
PM GatiShakti aims at ease of living and ease of doing business in the nation.