Union Cabinet dissolves Delhi Assembly, poll dates soon
New Delhi : Union Cabinet on Tuesday dissolved Delhi Assembly after all parties failed to prove majority and form government in the national capital.
- All Parties are now gearing up for the fresh poll, which are likely to be held in February next year
- Bharatiya Janata Party setting their stage for polls, chose not to reveal their Chief Ministerial candidate.
- Currently, BJP and its ally have 29 seats in a House of 67.
- Eight months ago, AAP had formed government by joining hands with Congress.
- But Kejriwal’s party resigned on February 17 over failing to pass their pet Jan Lokpal Bill in the Assembly.
- Since then the national capital is reeling under President’s rule.
- Congress showed their support to Najeeb Jung’s decision by saying, “Better late then never”.