BJP manifesto 2019: Key points you should know about Sankalp Patra
New Delhi : Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with BJP President Amit Shah today released the party's election manifesto 2019. During the release, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh mentioned that the manifesto is BJP's Sankalp Patra, a vision document for 130 crore Indians.
PM Modi says BJP manifesto has made manifesto multi-layered and multi-dimensional keeping in mind India's diversity. Mentioned below are the promises BJP has mentioned in the Lok Sabha Poll manifesto 2018
1) To provide short-term new agri loans of up to Rs 1 lakh at 0% interest rate
2) Under Kisan Samman Nidhi, Rs 6000 will be given to all farmers and small traders will be given pension after 60 years of age.
3) Poll manifesto promises to build consensus on one nation, one poll
4) Commitment on nationalism and zero tolerance towards terrorism
5) "We are committed to annulling Article 35A of the Constitution of India as the provision is discriminatory against non-permanent residents and women of Jammu and Kashmir" mentioned Rajnath Singh
6) With the vision for India's economy, BJP plans to lower tax regime
7) BJP manifesto promises to continue with the simplification of GST process by engaging in dialogue with all stakeholders.
8) BJP manifesto promises ‘Nal se Jal’ to ensure piped water for every household by 2024
9) Promises to make India the third largest economy of the world by 2030. This implies that BJP is committed to make India a US $ 5 trillion economy by 2025 and US $ 10 trillion economy by 2032.
10) Commitment to make India a developed country by 2047, the 100th anniversary of our independence
11) Manifesto promises to explore all possibilities within the framework of the Constitution and all necessities to facilitate the expeditious construction of the Ram Temple in Ayodhya.
12) Promises to undertake every effort to ensure that the subject of faith, tradition and worship rituals related to Sabarimala presented in a comprehensive manner before the Hon’ble Supreme Court.
13) Commitment to complete the National Register of Citizens process in these areas on priority.
14) Resolve to realize Mahatma Gandhi's vision of Gram Swaraj, a sankalp to facilitate Saashray(housing), Sujal(drinking water),Suchna se sashaktikaran(digital connectivity through Bharatnet), Sadak se samriddhi(road connectivity), Swach Bharat vision.
15)Commitment to make 33% women reservation in parliament and state assemblies through a constitutional amendment.
16) According to manifesto, BJP focus on 'Make in India in Defence' to enable indigenous production of defence equipment
17) 1.5 lakh health and welfare centre will be opened, along with 75 medical colleges and PG medical colleges. Will target provisioning of telemedicine and diagnostic laboratory facilities at Health and Wellness Centres by 2022.
18) BJP reiterates its position since the time of the Jan Sangh to the abrogation of Article 370. Also stands committed to annulling Article 35A of the Constitution, which it says is discriminatory against non-permanent residents and women of Jammu and Kashmir.
19) The BJP says it will ensure pucca houses for families either living in kuchha houses or without access to housing by 2022
20) BJP commits to bring transgenders to the mainstream through adequate socio-economic and policy initiatives, adding that it will ensure self-employment and skill development avenues for transgender youth.
21) BJP reiterates its commitment to "protect the linguistic, cultural and social identity of the people of North-East."