Breakup! BJP, Shiv Sena ends 25-year-old relationship
- Ahead of Maharashtra Assembly polls, BJP came up with a shocker and announced breakup bit Shiv Sena
- Both the parties will now be contesting on their own
- The BJP-Shiv Sena alliance split came over a deadlock of seat sharing
- BJP claimed Shiv Sena’s “inflexibility” as the reason behind split
- The saffron party also hinted a possibility of post-poll alliance with Shiv Sena
- “Our aim is to prevent the corrupt Congress-NCP government from coming to power. We will not criticise Shiv Sena during the campaign, we don’t want any bitterness with our ally of 25 years,” Leader of Opposition in the Assembly Eknath Khadse said
- Last date to file nominations for October 15 assembly polls is September 27.