Laxmikant Parsekar takes oath as Goa’s new Chief Minister
Goa : After BJP legislature Party unanimously elected Laxmikant Parsekar as the new Chief Minister of Goa, he took oath on Saturday.
- Manohar Parrikar, who is slated for a post in Cabinet, resigned in the morning.
- Parrikar proposed Parsekar’s name for the vacant post, while Dy CM Francis D’Souza sounded disappointed as he wanted to get elevated on the seniority grounds.
- After Party workers talked to Dy CM, Laxmikant later got support from him too.
- "Parsekar was elected the leader of the BJP Legislature Party unanimously," said party general secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy.
- Parrikar faxed his resignation to Governor Mridula Sinha at Raj Bhavan.
- He was Chief Minister for the state since 2002.