Monsoon Skincare Tips: 6 things you should do to protect your skin during this season
New Delhi : If you've been looking out of the window recently, you probably know that monsoon is here already! We all enjoy the clear air and the smell of wet mud but along with these little rainy joys, the monsoon also brings trouble! Monsoon is the season when there is a lot of humidity and that usually takes a toll on our beauty. This weather can wreak havoc on our skin and lead to numerous skin problems. This is why it is very important to take extra care of your skin during this time. It's not a good idea to continue your summer skincare routine during the monsoon time. We all need to tweak our skincare routine to suit the weather as well. This can help prevent numerous skin problems and save you from a lot of trouble. Here are some monsoon skincare tips.
1. The rainwater is not good for your skin. It can lead to skin infections and problems. Remember to wash your face regularly to keep your skin clean. You can use a mild facewash or raw milk to cleanse your face.
2. Try to use an alcohol-free toner to refresh your skin. Monsoon can bring breakouts and acne but using neem water or rose water can work wonders on your skin.
3. Most people believe that because of the humid weather, they do not need to moisturise as much but it's important to understand that the humidity, rainwater and washing your face repeatedly can suck the natural moisture from your skin and make it dry and rough. This is why it's important to keep a mild moisturiser handy.
4. Grime, dirt and impurities are a common problem for your skin, especially during monsoon. Use a mild exfoliating scrub to cleanse your skin. Remember to be very gentle with it. If you use a mild scrub, you can use it every alternate day.
5. Most of us forget to wear sunscreen during the monsoon because there's little or no sun but even through the clouds, the sun's harsh ultraviolet rays can do a lot of damage to your skin. Don't forget to wear sunscreen no matter what.
6. Avoid wearing too much makeup during the monsoon season because it tends to clog your pores which in turn, leads to skincare problems.