Chandra Grahan 2018 on Jan 31: Do's and Don'ts on lunar eclipse in India
New Delhi : The total phase of this lunar eclipse or Chandra Grahan 2018 will be visible in large parts of US, northeastern Europe, Russia, Asia, the Indian Ocean, the Pacific, and Australia. On Jan. 31, a total lunar eclipse will occur with a blue moon, known as a Super Blue Blood Moon ecause of the reddish-orange glow the Moon takes on during the eclipse. This will be the first Lunar Eclipse of 2018.
Regions seeing, at least, some parts of the Chandra Grahan 2018: North/East Europe, Asia, Australia, North/East Africa, North America, North/West South America, Pacific, Atlantic, Indian Ocean, Arctic, Antarctica.
Wednesday will see the occurrence of a lunar trilogy - a Supermoon, lunar eclipse and a Blue Moon. It hasn’t happened in over 150 years!
Lunar eclipses during a supermoon happen rather regularly. The last one was in September 2015. Lunar eclipses occur at least twice a year. Supermoons can happen four to six times a year.
What to DO during Chandra Grahan 2018:
1. Chandra grahan is highly favourable to attaint he benefits through chanting mantras. Mantra to gain wealth “Om Namo Dev Bhagwate Trilochanam Tripuram Anjali Me Kalyanam Kuru Kuru Swaha” Mantra to shine in education “Om Aim Hrim Kleem Maha Saraswati Devaya Namah” Mantra for conceiving a baby “Om Namo Bhagavate Jagatprasutaye Namah”
2. If you have Kaal-sarp dosh in your horoscope recite Mahamrityuanjaya mantra during the eclipse for maximum times you can.
3. Put some Doorva grass in all eatables to maintain their purity. As per the Hindu script Doorva has the blessings of the three Hindu gods Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh.
4. Donate oil, jaggery, rice, sugar equal to your weight to the needy on Chandra Grahan. This will help cure the diseases you are suffering.
5. Pregnant ladies should recite the following mantra all throughout the period of the Grahan.
6. Freshly cooked food should be taken after the Chandra grahan.
7. Take bath before and after the Chandra grahan period.
8. Bath should be taken with clothes worn on the body.
What not to do during Chandra Grahan 2018:
1. Do not urinate or latrine during the grahan period.
2. Do not sleep during the Chandra Grahan.
3. Do not eat anything during the Chandra Grahan.
4. Do not sit on the elephant or horse during the eclipse. Avoid driving a vehicle during the eclipse.
5. Pregnant women must not come out of the house during Chandra Grahan period.
6. Do not store any cooked food during eclipse.