Booking for flights to Dubai to begin from next week
New Delhi : In good news for Indian travellers, international flights for Dubai are likely to begin soon; booking for the same is expected to start from the next week. According to several reports, booking on Dubai flights from several Indian cities will begin from July 15. However, Abu Dhabi will re-open flights for Indian passengers from July 21.
According to a report in Gulf News, Flights from India to Dubai and Abu Dhabi are expected to re-open on July 15 and July 21 respectively, after UAE along with other countries banned travellers from India, with some exceptions, due to the surge in the covid cases in April.
UAE had announced a ban on flights from India in April when coronavirus cases were at peak during the second wave. The ban was subsequently extended till July 6.
According to the Vistara Airline website, the fare from Mumbai (BOM) to Dubai (DXB) starts from Rs 17,602 with only a few tickets left on July 15 and 16. Whereas Delhi to Dubai, the flight fare is Rs 13,816.
Important Updates related to international flights to Dubai:
• Abu Dhabi is expected to open its doors for fully-vaccinated Indians, among other categories already allowed, from July 21, the report added.
• On the first day of re-opening, Vistara will carry passengers from New Delhi to Dubai while Emirates and budget carrier flydubai are expected to re-open operations on July 16, the report said.
• Indigo Airlines have also started bookings on their website. Fares from Mumbai to Dubai vary from Rs 21,000 to Rs 29,000 for connecting flights on July 15.
• As per the IndiGo’s website, flight fares from Hyderabad to Dubai vary from Rs 23,234 to Rs 28,727.
• Etihad Airways will restart operations on July 22, according to the reports.